Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Successful Camping! Week 13

I am happy to report that I still lost a half pound last week, even after consuming many toasted marshmallows (with the occasional graham cracker and chocolate), pancakes, chips, the best soft serve ice cream cone, and plenty of calorie rich drinks!

I also hiked to the falls, swam in the lake, set up a camp site, took down a camp site and walked back and forth to our "home base" camp many times. I guess it was enough to burn all those extra calories!

What is totally amazing to me is how much I looked forward to getting BACK ON THE DIET! I feel so in control and satisfied when I am on the program. I have also noticed that I feel fuller more quickly now, I have more energy, take fewer naps, wake easier in the morning. I feel so much better!

It's still hard when I catch a glimpse in a mirror and see just fat, or when the unflattering picture is taken and I think to myself, "you still have a long way to go, girl." But I feel confident that I will get there. 23 lbs is nothin' to sneeze at! :o)

1 comment: